Conrad Lewis Diehl Papers,1863-1898
- Conrad Lewis Diehl Papers,1863-1898
- Diehl, Conrad Lewis, 1840-1917
- 3 items
- Bohne, Ernest Christian, 1840-1909.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Cavalry operations-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Personal narratives.
- United States.-- Army.-- Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 15th (1862 -1865)
- Whist Club (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- A private in the 15th Regiment of the Pennsylvania Cavalry during the Civil War. Includes a thirty-one page memoir which gives a day by day account of the 15th Regiment's march from Carlisle, Pennsylvania through Louisville to Murfreesboro, Tennessee, including the Battle of Stones River. There is also a brief description of Louisville as it was in 1862. Also includes a humorous address to the Whist Club in Louisville on 7 May 1898 on E.C. Bohne and an undated speech on bass fishing