Charlton G. Duke Civil War Accountca.1860-1870
- Charlton G. Duke Civil War Accountca.1860-1870
- Duke, Charlton G.
- 1 item (2 leaves); 31 cm.
- Kentucky--History--Civil War, (1861-1865)
- United States--History--Civil War (1861-1865)--Prisoners and prisons
- Guerrillas--Kentucky--19th century
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists of a four-page Civil War account written by Charlton G. Duke about his and his companions' capture and imprisonment by Union forces in Kentucky. He recounts their imminent execution ordered by Gen. Stephen Gano Burbridge in retaliation for guerilla activities of Sue Mundy. Charlton Duke, his brother John Duke, and K. P. Wallace were ultimately released but their companions, Capt. Wilson Lilly, Lieut. M. Blincoe, and their cousin Capt. Lindsey Buckner, were executed.
- Arrangement: Chronological