Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church records, 1805-1839, 1805-1835 (bulk dates)
- Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church records, 1805-1839, 1805-1835 (bulk dates)
- Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church (Lewis County, (Ky.).
- 1 reel of microfilm.
- McNemar, Richard, Rev.
- Williamson, William. Rev.
- Wilson, John.
- Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church (Lewis County, Ky.).
- Church records and registers--Kentucky.
- Lewis County (Ky.).
- Arranged chronologically.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- The Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church was organized in Lewis County, Kentucky in 1795 with the assistance of John Wilson.
- Scope and Content
- These are the microfilm copies of the records of the Cabin Creek Presbyterian Church in Lewis County, Kentucky. Materials include a brief history of the establishment of the church in 1795. The subsequent controversy and dissension caused by the unorthodox beliefs of the Rev. Richard McNemar are detailed. Included also are the records and minutes of the church which began when the Rev. William Williamson became pastor, May 16, 1805.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.