John Garbutt Letters,1862-1865
- John Garbutt Letters,1862-1865
- Garbutt, John
- 32 items
- Fort Riley (Kan.)-- History-- Sources.
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton), 1826-1885.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Hospitals-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Regimental histories.
- United States.-- Army.-- Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 37th (1864 -1865)-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union soldier. Collection of John Garbutt's letters (he signed his brother George's name to several of the letters) to his family discussing his experiences in the 37th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment. He describes camp life and conditions from several locations in Kan., Ky., Tenn., and Ala. He also discusses a hospital train at Louisville