Colored Episcopal Mission Broadside, 1861 April 6
- Colored Episcopal Mission Broadside, 1861 April 6
- Colored Episcopal Mission
- 1 item
- Afro-American Episcopalians.
- Afro-Americans-- Education.
- Afro-Americans-- Religion.
- Broadsides-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Episcopal Church-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- The Colored Episcopal Mission on Green Street in Louisville, Ky. was opened in 1861. Broadside announcing the opening of a new facility in Louisville, Ky. to be used in educating African Americans in religion and primary skills; includes an abstract of a report proving the mission's necessity and a plea to Christians and slave owners to help fund the cause. Finding aids available in repository