Kendrick-Garvin Family Collection, ca. 1860 - ca. 1929
- Kendrick-Garvin Family Collection, ca. 1860 - ca. 1929
- Kendrick-Garvin Family
- 61 items
- Garvin family-- Pictorial works.
- Kendrick family-- Pictorial works.
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains)-- Pictorial works.
- Physicians-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Pictorial works.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection contains photographs of members of the William Kendrick and Samuel Henry Garvin families of Louisville, Ky. William Kendrick (1810-1880) was the founder of a jewelry and silverware firm. One of his daughters, Mary E. (Mamie) Kendrick married Doctor Samuel Henry Garvin in 1869. The collection includes photographs of William Kendrick, Maria Schwing Kendrick, Doctor and Mrs. Samuel H. Garvin, and other family members. There are photographs of Kendrick family groups and a Kendrick family picnic in the 1880s. Doctor Kendrick and a Mr. Sanders are pictured in a tintype made on top of Lookout Mountain, Tenn. Louisville photographers represented include J. C. Elrod, Brown & Stowe, Webster & Bro., and Frank Wybrant