Rogers C. B. Morton Miscellaneous Papers,1863-1976
- Rogers C. B. Morton Miscellaneous Papers,1863-1976
- Morton, Rogers C. B., 1914
- 8 items
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-
- Cabinet officers-- United States-- Correspondence.
- Historic buildings-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Presidents-- United States-- Election-- 1964-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky native, U.S. senator from Md., secretary of the interior, and secretary of commerce. Papers contain routine political correspondence. Of particular interest is Morton's 1 Nov. 1963 letter to John W. Steffey, chairman of the Maryland Draft Goldwater Committee, declining a spot on the advisory committee because he wants to go to the convention uncommitted