William Jennings Bryan Letters, 1910
- William Jennings Bryan Letters, 1910
- Bryan, William Jennings, 1860-1925
- 2 items
- Democratic Party (Neb.)-- History-- Sources.
- Liquor laws-- United States-- History-- Sources.
- Prohibition-- Nebraska-- History-- Sources.
- Watterson, Henry, 1840-1921.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, orator, politician, presidential candidate, and secretary of state. Includes a 13 May 1910 letter to Henry Watterson discusses the prohibition question in Nebraska and the methods used to decide for or against prohibition. Notes that the question has reached a national level and many large breweries attempt to defeat prohibition legislation. Believes the choice must be left to the individual counties (at least in Nebraska), a choice the large liquor interests should support. The liquor interests have a grip on the Democratic Party that must be broken. Also included is an undated note introducing H.E. Kannapell and Irwin E. Beck of Louisville to Mr. Knight of Miami, Florida, notes their banking experience and their desire to sell real estate