Pine Mountain Settlement School Directors' Office Files,1911-1949
- Pine Mountain Settlement School Directors' Office Files,1911-1949
- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- 52 microfilm reels
- Fund raising -- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- Students -- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- Harlan County, Kentucky -- Arts and crafts
- Women -- Settlement workers
- Schools, settlement -- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- Harlan County, Kentucky -- Schools, settlement
- Gilley, Kentucky -- Line Fork Settlement
- Big Laurel, Kentucky -- Medical Settlement
- Letcher County, Kentucky -- Organizations, social service
- Harlan County, Kentucky -- Organizations, social service
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- These consist of the administrative files of Pine Mountain Settlement School's directors, including Katherine Pettit (1913 - 1930), Ethel deLong Zande (1913 - 1928) and Glyn Morris (1931 - 1942).
- Correspondence deals mostly with administration and operation of the School, including monetary donations, contributions of goods and services, publicity, the physical plant, and staff. Correspondents include local businesspersons, foundations, other educational and social service institutions, and state and federal agencies. Also included are letters from members of the Board of Trustees.
- Subject files include incorporation data (1913); Board of Trustees (1917 - 1949); staff and committees (1918 - 1949); community extension centers, such as the Medical Settlement and Line Fork Settlement (1919 - 1948); financial records (ca. 1916 - 1949); programs and special events (1917 - 1945); publicity and fund raising (1911 - 1949); rules and regulations (ca. 1920 - ca. 1949); and students (1913 - 1946). Documentation of the crafts industries is comprised of financial ledgers (1926 - 1933), student enrollment (1916 - 1930), and alumni statistics (1927 - 1946).