A. H. Tarvin scrapbook, 1920-1939
- A. H. Tarvin scrapbook, 1920-1939
- Tarvin, A. H.
- 1 reel (partial)
- Tarvin, A. H, fl.1920-1930.
- Ernst, Richard P, 1858-1934.
- Beckham, John Crepps Wickliffe (J. C. W.), 1869-1940.
- Herald-Post (Louisville, Ky.)
- Louisville News and Enquirer (Ky.)
- Kentucky--Politics and government.
- Louisville (Ky.).
- Arranged somewhat chronologically.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Journalist, author. A. H. Tarvin, who was apparently a writer in Louisville, wrote columns and articles for the Louisville Herald Post and the Louisville News and Enquirer, many of which are contained in this scrapbook.
- Scope and Content
- The collection is composed of news clippings concerning Kentucky and national politics, the theater in Louisville, Kentucky, trivia about Louisville and its history and baseball. Included are articles on Kentucky politics and a substantial collection about the 1920 Senatorial campaign of Richard P. Ernst (1858-1934), who defeated J. C. W. Beckham (1869-1940) in a campaign noted for its attempts to appeal to first-time women voters.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.