Galt-Gray Family Photograph Collection,ca. 1860-ca. 1910
- Galt-Gray Family Photograph Collection,ca. 1860-ca. 1910
- 68 items
- Brown family -- Pictorial works
- Dudley, T. U. -- (Thomas Underwood), -- 1837-1904
- Galt, Norborne Alexander -- Pictorial works.
- Galt, William Henry, -- 1827-1893 -- Pictorial works.
- Gault family -- Pictorial works.
- Gray family -- Pictorial works.
- Ingram family -- Pictorial works.
- Physicians -- Kentucky -- Louisville -- Photographs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Photographs of members of the Galt, Gray, Brown, and Ingram families. Doctor Norborne Alexander Galt and his son, Doctor William Henry Galt, were prominent Louisville physicians. Identified persons include Alexander Galt Brown, Matilda Galt Brown (Mrs. Arthur Brown), Arthur Brown, Elizabeth C. Hobbs Campbell, Annie Alexina Galt, Elizabeth Thruston Pope Galt (Mrs. William H. Galt), Ellen Pope Thruston Galt, John Galt, William Henry Galt, Norborne Alexander Galt, Elizabeth M. Thompson Gray Galt (Mrs. Norborne A. Galt), Bishop Thomas Underwood Dudley, George Gray, Strother Gray, Urath Pope Galt, Selena Gray Galt Ingram (Mrs. Robert Hord Ingram), Selena Pope Ingram, Wyatt Ingram, Matilda Nicholas, Mary Anne Pope Nicholas, and Elizabeth Thruston Pope (Mrs. Worden Pope). The Galt family home, "Repton," is pictured in the collection. It was on Brownsboro Road in Louisville. After a fire it was rebuilt in 1902 by Edward Moran. The original house is the one pictured.