Joseph Ficklin Miscellaneous Papers,1832-1859
- Joseph Ficklin Miscellaneous Papers,1832-1859
- Ficklin, Joseph
- 5 items
- Clay, James Brown, 1817-1864.
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Postmaster of Lexington, Kentucky. Ficklin's 10 April 1832 letter to A. G. discusses a cure for cholera; his February 1847 letter recommends James Brown Clay as colonel of a new regiment to be formed; and his 2 July 1853 letter to Secretary of War Jefferson Davis discusses U.S. relations with Great Britain. Other letters are routine. Card index in repository