Braxton Bragg Special Order no. 14, 1862 Oct. 13
- Braxton Bragg Special Order no. 14, 1862 Oct. 13
- Bragg, Braxton, 1817-1875
- 1 item
- Perryville (Ky.), Battle of, 1862-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Confederate general. Order issued by Bragg during his withdrawal from Kentucky following Perryville, the order places Colonel Joseph Wheeler in command of the cavalry with the mission of covering the rear of the army and holding the enemy in check. Wheeler's cavalry is also to pick up all stragglers. Order written and signed by Bragg's chief of staff, George W. Brent