Justice (Hodges,Albert G.) Letter, ca. 1847
- Justice (Hodges,Albert G.) Letter, ca. 1847
- Justice (Hodges,Albert G.)
- 1 item
- Gaines, John Pollard, 1795-1857.
- Hodges, Albert G.
- Marshall, Thomas Francis, 1801-1864.
- Elections-- Kentucky.
- Mexican War, 1846-1848-- Mexico.
- Kentucky-- Politics and government-- 1792-1865.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- A ca. 1847 letter refuting Thomas Marshall's claim that John P. Gaines failed his duty by surrendering to a superior force driving the Mexican War. Justice, the pen name of a Gaines supporter (possibly Albert G. Hodges), recounts the circumstances surrounding Gaines surrender and accuses Marshall of political chicanery