- Goodknight Collection,1941-1944
- Goodknight Family
- 1 box,.5 c.f.
- Goodnight, Lillian Prewitt- Correspondence
- Women genealogists--Correspondence
- World War, 1939-1945--Hawaii
- History--Societies, etc.
- Patriotic societies--United States
- Goodknight, Clifton Shealey
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- The Goodknight's hosted many young servicemen who were stationed in Hawaii and received many letters of gratitude from the men and their families back home. Lillian Goodknight was also a genealogist and member of the Kentucky and Missouri Historical Societies and the National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR).
- Scope and Content
- This collection contains letters written to Clifton Shealey and Lillian Prewitt Goodknight of Honolulu, Hawaii from friends in the States and servicemen and their families during World War II. Some of the letters discuss Lillian Goodknight's memberships and related activities.
- Arrangement: Correspondence is arranged chronologically; other subgroups consist of genealogy, clippings, and miscellaneous writings.