Fackler family papers, 1792-1948
- Fackler family papers, 1792-1948
- Fackler family.
- 1 reel of microfilm.
- Fackler family.
- Fackler, Calvin Morgan, 1872-1948.
- Fackler, C. M.
- Pleasant Grove Christian Church (Ky.)
- Shawnee Run Baptist Church (Ky.)
- History of Boyle County; Danville sketches; Records of cemeteries; possible. Arranged chronologically where possible.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Family with records in Boyle and Mercer Counties, Kentucky.
- Scope and Content
- The collection contains historical writings by Calvin M. Fackler, cemetery records, and Fackler business and family records. The bulk of the papers include correspondence, notes and documents used by Fackler in writing a history of Boyle county, called EARLY DAYS IN DANVILLE. Fackler wrote biographical sketches of county residents, descriptions of historical houses, and brief sketches of county history in his books. The cemetery records in the collection include lists from Pleasant Grove Christian Church in Garrard County, Van Meter Farm in Boyle County and Shawnee Run Baptist Church in Mercer County.
- Fackler's scrapbook was also filmed. It consists of clippings of his newspaper column from the Kentucky ADVOCATE-MESSENGER. The remainder of the collection is Fackler family correspondence, circa 1850.
- Most of these were written by C. M. Fackler in Memphis, Tenn. to his parents in Huntsville, Ala. The correspondence generally concerns business (grocery and merchandise) and family matters.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.