W. F. Marvin Broadside, ca. 1845
- W. F. Marvin Broadside, ca. 1845
- Marvin, W.F.
- 1 item
- Breckinridge, W.L. (William Lewis), 1803-1876.
- Cold Water Army.
- Broadsides-- Kentucky.
- Temperance-- Kentucky.
- Harrodsburg (Ky.)-- History.
- Kentucky-- History-- 1792-1865.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- W.F. Marvin is a gentleman who gave a talk before the Temperance Society of Harrodsburg, Ky. Broadside, ca. 1845, of an address by W.F. Marvin to the Temperance Society of Harrodsburg, Ky. in reply to a sermon by Rev. William L. Breckinridge of Louisville, Ky. The Broadside is a condemnation of Breckinridge's attitude that the use of wine in moderation, such as during the sacraments, is permissible. Cards available in repository