A.V.S. Lindsley to General Don Carlos Buell
- A.V.S. Lindsley to General Don Carlos Buell
- 1862 March 11
- 0.1 Cubic feet
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Correspondence.
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2011MS204: [identification of item], A.V.S. Lindsley to General Don Carlos Buell, 1862 March 11, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Don Carlos Buell (1818-1898) served as a Union General during the Civil War and was in charge of the Department of the Ohio from 1861 to 1862. After the war Buell settled in Kentucky and became the president of the Green River Iron Company.
- Don Carlos Buell. Spartacus Educational. Spartacus Educational. n.d. Web. 16 December 2011.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a letter from A.V.S. Lindsley to General Don Carlos Buell concerning mail procedures.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.