Joseph R. McFarland Letters, 1862
- Joseph R. McFarland Letters, 1862
- McFarland, Joseph R.
- 3 items
- United States.-- Army.-- Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 46th (1861-1865)
- United States.-- Army-- Military life.
- Camp Wickliffe (Ky.)
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Joseph R. McFarland was a soldier with the 46th Indiana Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War. Photocopies of letters written home while serving in the 46th Indiana Volunteer Infantry from Camp Wickliffe, Ky. and Point Commerce, Mo. McFarland complains about the weather in Kentucky and states that they are getting plenty to eat and that the camp has its own bakery. Finding aids are available in repository