Baptist Orphans Home Records,1871-1910
- Baptist Orphans Home Records,1871-1910
- Baptist Orphans Home
- 0.66 cubic ft.
- Baptists-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Hollingsworth, Mary A.
- Orphanages-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Archives.
- Orphans-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- Weller, William LaRue, ca. 1826-1899.
- Collection is arranged alphabetically.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Correspondence, 1873-1910, to Mary A. Hollingsworth, matron, and others about the placement of orphan children, the occasional return of the same to the home, recommendations for foster parents, descriptions of children, medical treatment, accomplishments, etc. Also, miscellaneous bills and receipts, arranged alphabetically, 1871-1897, from Kentucky businesses concerning payment for food, fuel, repairs, equipment, etc., plus a few listings of donations from various churches and others. Card index in repository