Civil War Military Records,1865
- Civil War Military Records,1865
- 55th Kentucky Mounted Infantry Volunteers of the U.S. Army
- .1 c.f.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection is primarily composed of morning reports compiled to record enrollment of the 55th Kentucky Mounted Infantry Volunteers of the U.S. Army. Included are reports from some dates beginning June 19 and ending August 8, 1865.
- The reports indicate the unit was stationed sequentially at New Liberty, Owen County; Hunters Bottom, Carroll County; and Warsaw, Gallatin County.
- Also present in the collection is a document, dated September 18, 1865, certifying the sale of a bay mare to Major Silas Howe of the unit by Captain J. Belcher.
- The collection includes a letter related to its provenance. Associated material may be located in a photograph album donated by the same family to the Kentucky Historical Society. This album contains photographs of members of the 18th Kentucky Volunteer Infantry.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- Variant Name: 55th Kentucky Mounted Infantry Volunteers. Records
- County: Owen; Gallatin; Carroll