Harman Blennerhassett Papers,1801-1807
- Harman Blennerhassett Papers,1801-1807
- Blennerhassett, Harman, 1765-1831
- 5 items
- Burr Conspiracy, 1805-1807-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, planter, and associate of Aaron Burr. Papers consist of three letters of Blennerhassett: 20 December 1801 to Dudley Woodbridge, 4 November 1803 to Henry Mills (both letters about business matters); and a 17 April 1807 letter from Natchez to Woodbridge telling of his difficulty after his property had been looted, mentioning bills he had endorsed for Aaron Burr in Kentucky, and that he will take a journey through the wilderness immediately after his trial. Also a letter of Margaret Blennerhassett, 12 December 1806, to Woodbridge tells of her difficulties and her efforts to take her children to join her husband; and a 7 March 1803 Virginia citizenship paper for Blennerhassett