Dudley Family Photograph Collection, ca. 1850-ca. 1979
- Dudley Family Photograph Collection, ca. 1850-ca. 1979
- Dudley Family
- 130 items
- Architecture, Domestic-- Kentucky-- Flemingsburg-- Photographs.
- Dudley Family-- Pictorial works.
- Flemingsburg (Ky.)-- Description-- Views.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Charles Lee Dudley (1845-1939) was a Flemingsburg, Ky. businessman and a Civil War veteran. The collection contains both professional photographs and candid snapshots of members of the Dudley Family, relatives, and friends. Cased images include daguerreotypes and ambrotypes. There are several photograph albums, photographs of family gatherings and parties, scenes in Flemingsburg and at Park Lake in Fleming County, and pictures of the Dudley homes in Flemingsburg. Many photographs are not identified. Family members identified include Charles Lee Dudley and his wife, Lula W. Kenner Dudley, and their children, Bruce Dudley, Woodson Dudley, Roy Dudley, and Carrie Douglas Dudley Ewen