William Preston Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1863-1898
- William Preston Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1863-1898
- Johnston, William Preston, 1831-1899
- 10 items
- Christmas-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Duke, Basil Wilson, 1838-1916.
- Hood, John Bell, 1831-1879.
- Johnston, Albert Sidney, 1803-1862.
- Johnston, J. Stoddard (Josiah Stoddard), 1833-1913.
- Ropes, John Codman, 1836-1899.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, soldier, educator, and author. Included are letters he received from A. L. Rives and John C. Ropes discussing routine business matters; a letter to J. Stoddard Johnston discussing his literary activities; a 22 June 1864 letter from Basil Duke discussing John Hunt Morgan and Duke's 11 Sept. 1867 letter of introduction for a veteran of Morgan's Cavalry; a 24 Dec. 1878 letter noting Christmas preparations; and a 16 Oct. 1895 letter to Dr. J. O. Scott noting that General John Bell Hood's nine children were scattered among friends and relations when he died in 1879