Gates Philips Thruston Papers,1864-1867
- Gates Philips Thruston Papers,1864-1867
- Thruston, Gates Philips, 1835-1912
- 18 items
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864-- Sources.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Lowe, Marianna Phillips, 1814-1896.
- Lowe, John G.
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton), 1826-1885.
- McPherson, James Birdseye, 1828-1864.
- Nashville (Tenn.)-- Social life and customs.
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891.
- Tennessee-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Thomas, George Henry, 1816-1870.
- United States.-- Army-- Military life-- History-- 19th century.
- United States.-- Army-- Military life-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union soldier. Papers include Thruston's letters, 1864 -1867, to his family discussing his service under General George H. Thomas at Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta; General William T. Sherman's and General Thomas's opposition to General George B. McClellan as a presidential candidate; army life; and the death of Abraham Lincoln. Miscellaneous collection also includes Thruston's 9 Jan. 1910 note to R.C. Ballard Thruston regarding a replacement copy of his book. Card index in repository