Lawson Family Papers,1825-1912
- Lawson Family Papers,1825-1912
- Lawson Family
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Confederate States of America.-- Army-- Kentucky Brigade, First.
- Confederate States of America.-- Army-- Kentucky Infantry Regiment, 6th.
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841.
- Lawson, Alexander, 1839-1912.
- Marshall Family.
- Polk Family.
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891.
- Washington and Lee University.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky family. Collection primarily composed of correspondence of the Lawson, Polk, and Marshall families. Marshall papers consist of letters, 1825-1840, written to Sarah and Elizabeth Marshall by family members concerning family news. Lawson and Polk papers primarily consist of love letters, 1865-1867, of Bettie Polk and her future husband Alexander Lawson; love letters, 1861 -1865, between Polk and former beaus; letters, 1870-1871, of J.R.M. Lawson to his sister regarding life as a student at Washington University (Washington and Lee University); and correspondence, 1870-1912, of the Lawson Family. Also included are papers and newspaper clippings regarding the Orphan Brigade and United Confederate Veterans; and a Lawson Family scrapbook