W. C. Peyton Letter, 9 Feb. 1862
- W. C. Peyton Letter, 9 Feb. 1862
- Peyton, W. C.
- 1 item
- Turner, John B.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Louisiana-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Peyton was a confederate soldier. Confederate soldier Peyton espouses the rugged yet glorious life of a soldier; writing from Longstreet, DeSoto Parish (La.), he claims that people are fearful that the army in Kentucky will not hold in Columbus or Bowling Green; written to Capt. John B. Turner (aide-in-camp to a Confederate General Cooper). Cards available in repository