Alma Owens Tibbals papers, 1806-1940
- Alma Owens Tibbals papers, 1806-1940
- Tibbals, Alma Owens.
- 1 reel.
- Beatty family.
- Evans family.
- Houston family.
- Kincaid family.
- Mercer family.
- Newell family.
- Owen family.
- Shank family.
- Tibbals family.
- Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Pisgah Presbyterian Church.
- Somerset Presbyterian Church.
- Pisgah (Ky.)--History.
- Pulaski County (Ky.)--History.
- Somerset (Ky.)--History.
- Schenk family
- Organized: genealogical material, history of Pulaski County.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Genealogist, club member. Alma Owens Tibbals served as regent for the Somerset, Ky. chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution in the 1930s. She also authored a history of Pulaski County.
- Scope and Content
- These papers consist of records of the Daughters of the American Revolution, and materials on the history of Pulaski County, Ky. and its county seat, Somerset. The DAR materials include programs, membership lists, annual yearbooks (ca. 1935-1940), and Tibbal's regent's report (1934-1940). Genealogical information on the Owens, Beaty, Newell and Kinkead families of Pulaski County comprise the bulk of the collection, but there is also genealogical data on the Evans, Houston, Mercer, Schenck and Tibbals families as well. Some correspondence relating to genealogical research is scattered throughout the papers. Material on the history of Pulaski County is present and includes Tibbal's history of Somerset written as a volunteer field worker for the Federal Writer's Project.
- The papers also include Tibbal's history of the Somerset Presbyterian Church, and on the history of the Pisgah community in Woodford County, Ky. An indexed record book (1806-1886) of the Pisgah Presbyterian Church is present and includes membership lists, a record of baptisms, and minutes of the church meetings. Photographs of Somerset are here as well.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.