Abraham Ulery Letter, 1862 Oct. 3
- Abraham Ulery Letter, 1862 Oct. 3
- Ulery, Abraham
- 1 item
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States.-- Army-- Military life-- History-- 19th century.
- United States.-- Army-- Military life-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union soldier in the 17th Ohio Battery. Letter from Ulery at Camp Snows (between Covington and Lexington) to his aunt and uncle. The letter discusses camp life and the declining status of the nearby Confederate Army. Because of the Confederates "miserable" condition, Ulery proclaims that "if they don't want to listen to Mr. Lincoln's proclamation they may expect . . . to be cleaned out smack and sooth . .