Daniel Lauer Letters, 1861
- Daniel Lauer Letters, 1861
- Lauer, Daniel
- 2 items
- Camp Boyle (Ky.)
- Camp Dennison (Ohio)
- Camp Tod (Ky.)
- United States.-- Army.-- Ohio Infantry Regiment, 19th (1861-1865)
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Louisville (Ky.)-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Ohio-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lauer was a soldier with the Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 19th Regiment during the Civil War. After a stay at Camp Dennison (Ohio), Lauer and the Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 19th Regiment joined 10 other regiments at Camp Tod, five miles south of Louisville, Ky.; he describes a brief encounter with Confederates after moving to Camp Boyle near Columbia, Ky.; letters are dated Nov. 21 and 19 Dec. 1861. Cards available in repository