Dugan Family Papers,1866-1936
- Dugan Family Papers,1866-1936
- Dugan Family
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Dugan, Madison, 1860-1917.
- River steamers-- Ohio River-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Jeffersonville, Indiana river family. Various papers relating to steamboats on the Ohio River. Included are U.S. Inspector's Certificates of Madison Dugan from 1888 -1889; three Dugan date books, 1888-1892, briefly listing his boat, his duties, and local and river news; and newspaper clippings and photographs with notes cut from Dugan's diaries. There are also letters concerning steamboat inspection from 1912 to 1936, bills of lading, 1866-1878, and miscellaneous checks and clippings. Three sets of legal papers include depositions from U.S. vs. John H. Thacker, the opinion in U.S. vs. Gasoline Boat Messenger from U.S. District Court, and reports and depositions concerning the explosion of the towboat Fred Wilson, on 26 May 1904