Mabel Clare Weaks Miscellaneous Papers,1918-1946
- Mabel Clare Weaks Miscellaneous Papers,1918-1946
- Weaks, Mabel Clare, 1883
- 107 items
- Filson, John, ca. 1747-1788.
- Kellogg, Louise Phelps, d. 1942.
- Kinkead, Ludie Johnson, 1882-1970.
- Quaife, Milo Milton, 1880-1959.
- Rafinesque, C. S. (Constantine Samuel), 1783-1840.
- Rothert, Otto Arthur, 1871-1956.
- Thruston, R. C. Ballard.
- Transylvania University.
- United Daughters of the Confederacy.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Archivist with several historical societies, including the Filson Club. Papers include correspondence between Weaks and numerous historical societies and libraries throughout the world concerning copies of John Filson's The Discovery, settlement and present state of Kentucke. Also included is a list of locations for all known copies of Filson's book as of the mid -20th century; and correspondence between Weaks and Transylvania University officials regarding a miniature portrait of Samuel C. Rafinesque that she was assisting the school in acquiring. Card index in repository