Gustavus Woodson Smith Letters, 1864
- Gustavus Woodson Smith Letters, 1864
- Smith, Gustavus Woodson, 1822-1896
- 2 items
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864-- Sources.
- Iron industry and trade-- Southern States.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Campaigns.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Confiscations and contributions.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Equipment and supplies.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Civil and military engineer, appointed major -general in Confederate Army, 1861; succeeded to command of Confederate forces in the Peninsular Campaign between the wounding of Joseph E. Johnston and the arrival of Robert E. Lee. Resigned, 1863 and returned to arms in 1864 as major-general of the Georgia Militia. Card index in repository