Anderson Doniphan Daybooks,1814-1844
- Anderson Doniphan Daybooks,1814-1844
- Doniphan, Anderson, ca. 1764-1841
- 3 v.
- Medicine-- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions-- History-- Sources.
- Medicine-- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions-- History-- 19th century.
- Physicians-- Kentucky-- Mason County-- Archives.
- Medicine-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Physician of Germantown, Mason County, Kentucky. Day books for Anderson's medical practice in Bracken and Mason counties. Included are prescriptions given for various ailments; business transactions; patient names; services rendered by patients for medical services; and some miscellaneous accounts. Accounts after Doniphan's death in 1841 may have been kept by Dr. John A. Coburn who was Doniphan's son-in-law, possibly of Maysville, Kentucky. There is a gap in the records from 1822 to 1840