John Griffin Carlisle Papers,1887-1899
- John Griffin Carlisle Papers,1887-1899
- Carlisle, John Griffin, 1835-1910
- 5 items
- Kentucky-- Politics and government-- Sources.
- Politicians-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky state legislator, United States congressman, elected Speaker of the House of Representatives in 1883, United States senator, and Secretary of the Treasury. Letters are of a routine political and business nature