Joseph Barbour Papers,1860-1897
- Joseph Barbour Papers,1860-1897
- Barbour, Joseph, b. 1844
- 0.66 cubic ft.
- Bigger, J.M., lawyer.
- Carroll, John D., b. 1854.
- Education-- Kentucky-- Paducah-- History-- Sources.
- Land use-- Kentucky-- Henry County-- History-- Sources.
- Pryor, William Samuel, b. 1825.
- Webb, Isaac N., b. 1817.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Attorney of New Castle, Ky., and judge of the Superior Court of Kentucky, 1886-1895. Papers regard his parents', Joseph and Nancy Barbour, estate; his guardian J.M. Bigger managing his affairs; letters and accounts, 1863-1897, for Barbour and his partners', William S. Pryor, Isaac N. Webb, and John D. Carroll, law practice; and land in Henry and Marshall counties and in Paducah, Ky