Richard Taylor Anderson Land Papers,1813-1875
- Richard Taylor Anderson Land Papers,1813-1875
- Anderson, Richard Taylor
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Ballard, Bland W., 1759-1853.
- Crecelius, Samuel B.
- Land use-- Indiana-- Crawford County-- History-- Sources.
- Land use-- Kentucky-- Breckinridge County-- History-- Sources.
- Land use-- Kentucky-- Meade County-- History-- Sources.
- Land use-- West Virginia-- History-- Sources.
- Lee, Edmund J.
- Nixon, Drury.
- Roberts, John.
- Shepherd, Abraham.
- Trinity Church (Shepherdstown, W. Va.)
- United States-- History-- War of 1812-- Sources.
- Anderson, Nathan D.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Arrangement: Chronological.
- Landowner. Collection includes correspondence discussing land transactions and legal matters; deeds and contracts for land in Breckinridge and Meade counties in Kentucky, Crawford, Indiana, and near Shepherdstown, Virginia (now West Virginia); contracts regarding the completion of stone work on the Shepherdstown Trinity Church in 1854; a deposition by Bland W. Ballard, 1842, regarding John Roberts' service in the Illinois Regiment under George Rogers Clark; record of Drury Nixon's service in the War of 1812; and a letter dated 1851 from the attorney of Sally Snyder of Liberia, regarding payment for the services of her children