Capture of Richmond broadside
- Capture of Richmond broadside
- 1863 May 10
- 0.01 Cubic feet
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2012MS064: [identification of item], Capture of Richmond broadside, 1863 May 10, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- During the American Civil War, Union troops continuously tried to capture the Confederate capitol at Richmond, Virginia, ultimately succeeding in April 1865.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a broadside printed by the Lexington Observer & Reporter proclaiming imminent the capture of Richmond, Virginia, as a result of the capture of Grand Gulf and Port Gibson.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.