William Proctor Smith Letter Book, 1863-1864
- William Proctor Smith Letter Book, 1863-1864
- Smith, William Proctor
- 1 item; 34 cm.
- Smith, William Proctor -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
- Confederate States of America -- Army Officers
- Military engineers Virginia -- 19th century
- United States History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Letter books
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This one item collection is a letter book kept by William Proctor Smith from 1863 to 1864. Smith was a Lieutenant Colonel and Chief Engineer during the Civil War for the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. The notes and letters in this book concern variousreports, orders, bills, and supplies related to the war.
- Arrangement: Chronological