Graduate Studies Committee Meeting Minutes
- Graduate Studies Committee Meeting Minutes
- Vice President of Academic Affairs
- 3.25 linear feet. 6 legal document cases and 1 legal half size document case. Minutes and correspondence. Good.
- Murray State University - History.
- Murray State University - Graduate Studies Committee.
- Kentucky - Murray - University and colleges.
- Murray State University
- Biography / History
- The Graduate Studies Committee was first established in 1943 to survey the degree requirements of the Southern Association of Teachers' Colleges and Universities to meet accreditation. By 1960, the committee had evolved into approving new graduate programs and courses, setting academic standards for the graduate work and reviewing candidates eligible for graduate degrees.
- Scope and Content
- Collection consists of the meeting minutes of the Graduate Studies Committee of Murray State University from 1945 to 1996. Minutes contain reports from sub-committees, ad hoc committees and special task forces. Included with the minutes are course applications, correspondence, departmental memos and various records associated with graduate programs and courses.