Adlai E. Stevenson Miscellaneous Papers,1891-1894
- Adlai E. Stevenson Miscellaneous Papers,1891-1894
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1835-1914
- 15 items
- Gilder, Richard Watson, 1844-1909.
- Springer, William M.
- Watterson, Henry, 1840-1921.
- Democratic Party (U.S.)-- History-- 19th century.
- Democratic Party (U.S.)-- History-- Sources.
- United States.-- Congress.-- House-- History-- 19th century.
- United States.-- Congress.-- House-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Native Kentuckian, lawyer, U.S. congressman from Ill., vice president of the U.S. Papers include letters of a routine nature, including twelve letters, 1891-1892, to William McKendree Springer, and Ill. congressman, discussing the political activities surrounding efforts to elect Springer speaker of the House of Representatives. Card index in repository