Young Ewing Allison Papers,1878-1943
- Young Ewing Allison Papers,1878-1943
- Allison, Young Ewing, 1853-1932
- 6 cubic ft.
- Authors-- Kentucky-- Louisville.
- Allison, Phillip.
- Allison, Young Ewing, Jr.
- Bay, J. Christian (Jens Christian), 1871-1962.
- Boldrick, Samuel J.
- Breaux, Gustave A.
- Drake, Frank M.
- Fortune, William., 1863-1942.
- Frost, Madge Rowan.
- Rothert, Otto Arthur, 1871-1956.
- Sampson, Henry A.
- Watterson, Henry, 1840-1921.
- Filson Club.-- Young E. Allison Commemorative Committee.
- My Old Kentucky Home Commission.
- Allison Memorial Meeting 1933 : Henderson, Kentucky.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Arrangement: Chronological.
- Writer, editor, poet, insurance executive of Louisville, Kentucky. Correspondence, pictures, legal documents, manuscript and printed copies of the works of Y.E. Allison, much of it collected by Otto A. Rothert to be used in the Select Works of Young E. Allison. Allison's works include song lyrics, opera scores, biographical sketches, editorials and news stories, historical treatises, essays on insurance topics, speeches, humorous sketches, writings on Miscellaneous topics, and bibliographies of his works. Two unbound copies of Select Works of Young E. Allison, edited by Young E. Allison, Jr., William Fortune, and J. Christian Bay with the assistance of Otto A. Rothert; announcements of the Young E. Allison Commemoration Committee of The Filson Club; proof sheets and prints of pictures used in Select Works; subscriptions, mailing lists, bills and receipts, and correspondence pertaining to Select Works; record of the Allison Memorial Meeting, Henderson, Ky., June, 1933; and the unveiling of a bronze tablet dedicated to Y.E. Allison, Henderson, Ky., Nov. 1934 are also included. In addition there are separate correspondence files of Y.E. Allison, Jr., and Otto A. Rothert; small separate files of letters and correspondence of Henry A. Sampson, Madge Rowan Frost, Old Kentucky Home Commission, Samuel J. Boldrick, Phillip Allison, Frank M. Drake, Gustave A. Breaux, and William Fortune; two letterbooks, three Miscellaneous notebooks of Y.E. Allison; and Miscellaneous notes of Y.E. Allison and Otto A. Rothert. Material about Allison- biographical sketches, announcements, and tributes; material about other members of the Allison Family and friends; material written by Henry Watterson and Henry A. Sampson; material concerning the work of the Old Kentucky Home Commission; and miscellaneous material complete the collection