Buck Run Baptist Church Records, 1818-1921 (bulk 1818-1868)
- Buck Run Baptist Church Records, 1818-1921 (bulk 1818-1868)
- Buck Run Baptist Church, Forks of the Elkhorn, Franklin County, Kentucky.
- 4 volumes
- Buck Run Baptist Church -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Buck Run Temperance Society -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Buck Run Academy -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Baptists -- Kentucky
- Temperance -- Societies, etc.
- Religious education -- Kentucky
- Church buildings -- Kentucky -- Forks of Elkhorn
- Church buildings -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Finding Aid Author
- Archives Staff
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- The Buck Run Baptist Church at the Forks of the Elkhorn Creek in Franklin County, Kentucky was constituted in 1818.
- Scope and Content
- These volumes contain records of the activities of Buck Run Baptist Church at Forks of Elkhorn in Franklin County, Kentucky. The volumes contains the church's constitution and rules, and minutes from 1818 to 1921. The minutes frequently include charges against members and the eventual dispositions of the cases.
- One of the volumes also includes the constitution, minutes, and a membership list of the Buck Run Temperance Society. These records date from 1831 to 1832. In the same volume are records kept by the board of trustees for the Buck Run Academy, also in operation in the 1830's. These records include minutes and financial accounts.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- County: Franklin