Lewis Allawhyn Walter Papers,1887-1940
- Lewis Allawhyn Walter Papers,1887-1940
- Walter, Lewis Allawhyn, 1868-1951
- 1.66 cubic ft.
- Art objects-- Collectors and collecting-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Beargrass Railway Co. (Louisville, Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- Breckinridge, John C. (John Cabell), 1821-1875.
- Cemeteries-- Indiana-- Salem-- History-- Sources.
- Cemeteries-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- Clark, George Rogers, 1752-1818-- Societies, etc.
- Filson Club-- History-- Sources.
- George Rogers Clark Memorial Association-- History-- Sources.
- Kentucky Historical Society-- History-- Sources.
- Louisville (Ky.)-- History.
- Louisville Railway Co. (Louisville, Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- Louisville Transit Co. (Louisville, Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- Pirtle, Alfred, b. 1837.
- Porter, James D., 1811-1859.
- Wilder, James Bennett, d. ca. 1889.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Louisville real estate developer, antiquarian collector, and president of the George Rogers Clark Memorial Association. Papers include correspondence, 1889-1940, concerning his activities as a member of the Filson Club and the Kentucky Historical Society, and a collector of books; plans for a memorial in honor of George Rogers Clark; portrait of Louisville's town crier, Willis Levi; letter press copy books, 1887-1897; historical and biographical articles; poetry; travel descriptions; and newspaper clippings. Card index in repository