Alfano (Frank) papers,1932-1956
- Alfano (Frank) papers,1932-1956
- Alfano, Frank
- .25 linear feet
- Alfano, Frank M.
- Central State Hospital (Ky.)
- Boxing --Kentucky --Louisville
- Arranged in one series.
- University of Louisville
- Biography / History
- Formerly of Newark, New Jersey, Frank Alfano, MD, was a graduate of Villanova University. He served as a physician for the Kentucky Boxing Commission and medical consultant at Central State Mental Hospital, Lakeland, Kentucky. Alfano made the news when he called in state inspectors in 1950s due to poor conditions at Central State Hospital. This brought about the indictment of the superintendent, Dr. A.M. Lyon, and the business manager, W.G. Kincaid. It is believed that Alfano passed away in 2000 or 2001.
- Scope and Content
- This collection includes clippings, letters, reports, and photographs relating to Central State Hospital, as well as clippings and programs relating to boxing. Much of the material is in scrapbook form.
Contents of the Collection
Personal information, including photographs, n.d., 1940s
- Box 1, folder 1
Personal notes and writings, n.d.
- Box 1, folder 2
Memorabilia, education, n.d., 1932
- Box 1, folder 3
Correspondence, incoming, n.d., 1949-1956 (SOME ITEMS RESTRICTED)
- Box 1, folder 4
- Box 1, folder 5
Scrapbook materials, boxing, n.d., 1948-1949
- Box 1, folder 6
Scrapbook materials, Lakeland/Central State Hospital, 1948-1953
- Box 1, folder 7
Photographs, Lakeland/Central State Hospital, n.d.
- Box 1, folder 8