Wilma Dykeman Papers,1966
- Wilma Dykeman Papers,1966
- Dykeman, Wilma, 1920-
- .4 lin. ft.
- Seeds of Southern Change, by Wilma Dykeman (book)
- Neither Black nor White, by Wilma Dykeman (book)
- Prophet of Plenty, by Wilma Dykeman (book)
- French Broad, by Wilma Dykeman (book)
- Women -- Authors
- Appalachia -- Authors
- Berea College
- Biography / History
- Dykeman, a native of Asheville, North Carolina, was educated at Northwestern University (B.A., 1940). In addition to PROPHET OF PLENTY, her biography of educator Willis D. Weatherford (father of Berea College's former president, Willis D. Weatherford), Dykeman is the author of THE FRENCH BROAD (1955), NEITHER BLACK NOR WHITE (1957), SEEDS OF SOUTHERN CHANGE, and several novels. Dykeman has been a member of the Berea College Board of Trustees since 1969.
- Scope and Content
- These are typescripts, galley proofs, and page proofs of Dykeman's PROPHET OF PLENTY: THE FIRST NINETY YEARS OF W. D. WEATHERFORD.
- Materials consist of a typescript draft, galley proofs, and page proofs of PROPHET OF PLENTY. The typescript is apparently the copy submitted to the publisher, University of Tennessee Press, and contains numerous emendations of a primarily technical nature. The typescript comprises 305 pages.