Southern Appalachian Studies Health, Welfare, and Local Governments Papers,1956-1962 (bulk 1959-1961)
- Southern Appalachian Studies Health, Welfare, and Local Governments Papers,1956-1962 (bulk 1959-1961)
- Southern Appalachian Studies
- .8 lin. ft.
- Alabama -- Health care
- Georgia -- Health care
- North Carolina -- Health care
- Tennessee -- Health care
- Virginia -- Health care
- West Virginia -- Health care
- Appalachia -- Surveys, social
- Appalachia -- Public welfare
- Appalachia -- Health care
- Appalachia -- Government, local
- Social Welfare and Social Problems (manuscript)
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist predominantly of correspondence relating to Southern Appalachian Studies research studies in health, welfare, and local government.
- Included are SAS staff correspondence with county health officers in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia; a manuscript copy of C. Horace Hamilton's chapter on Appalachian health and health services written for THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION: A SURVEY; SAS correspondence with Red Cross officials in the study region; a manuscript draft and editorial notes on "Social Welfare and Social Problems"; correspondence of SAS staff with regional and local welfare administrators; and other materials.
- Folder list; unpublished inventory/register.