Thomas Perkins Miscellaneous Papers,1785-1787
- Thomas Perkins Miscellaneous Papers,1785-1787
- Perkins, Thomas, 1756-1786
- 3 items
- Palmer, Joseph, 1716-1788.
- Frontier and pioneer life-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Pioneers-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Salt industry and trade-- Massachusetts-- Boston-- History-- 18th century.
- Salt industry and trade-- Massachusetts-- Boston-- History-- Sources.
- Salt licks-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Kentucky-- Description and travel.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Early Ky. settler, educator, and lawyer. Includes a long descriptive letter to General Joseph Palmer, describing Ky. in detail, including travel, prices, population, topography, trees, produce, resources, salt manufacture, and labor. Also included are two documents dated 10 and 20 Mar. 1787, concerning Joseph Palmer's plan to establish a salt works in Boston, Mass. The letter is published in The Filson Club History Quarterly, v. 49 no. 2 (Apr. 1975