Schenley Distillers Corporation records
- Schenley Distillers Corporation records
- 0.06 Cubic feet
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2011MS100: [identification of item], Schenley Distillers Corporation records, 1937, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- The Schenley Distillers Corporation, founded in Western Pennsylvania, acquired the Bernheim Distillers Company from Isaac Wolfe Bernheim in 1937. The Bernheim Distillers Company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, was one of ten distillers allowed to make bourbon during Prohibition for medicinal purposes.
- Scope and Content
- The Schenley Distillers Corporation records consist of a bound volume of corporate papers concerning the litigation and takeover of the Bernheim Distilling Co., based in Louisville, Kentucky, by the Schenley Distillers Corporation.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.