William Goodell Frost Correspondence Collection,1877-1937 (bulk 1892-1917)
- William Goodell Frost Correspondence Collection,1877-1937 (bulk 1892-1917)
- Frost, William Goodell
- 4 lin. ft.
- Day Law (Kentucky)
- Segregation -- Berea College
- Education, higher -- Administration
- Segregation -- Law and legislation
- Afro-Americans -- Education, higher
- Discrimination, racial -- Law and legislation
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist principally of letters received by Frost as President of Berea College. They reflect his administration, detailing the circumstances of his hiring; the financial status of the College; the Day Law controversy and the response of the College, trustees, and donors; general fund raising efforts; growth of the College into an "Appalachian" institution; and growth and improvement of the physical plant.
- Correspondents include Northern integrationists, religious leaders, Berea Board of Trustees and faculty members, philanthropists, donors, and friends and associates of Frost.